Here are some ideas for your mid-day meal.
This is really just a salad in a soup! Great for lunch or dinner. Yield: 6.5 cups
- 1.5 pounds tomatoes (6 small), roughly chopped & core removed, you can use canned too
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped & seeds removed
- 1 English cucumber, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cups low-sodium V8 (or tomato juice)
- 3/4-1 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Parsley or cilantro
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar (or sherry vinegar, balsamic would also work), to taste
1. Add tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, onion, garlic clove, lime juice, V8 (or tomato juice), olive oil, and herbs into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Now add the rest of the seasonings (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, vinegar) slowly and adjust to taste.
3. Room temperature is perfect for post-operative patients.
Note: If your blender is small you might have to cut this batch in half so it won’t overflow. You could also use an immersion blender or your food processor.