It can be easy to be green! This smoothie is simple to make, super good for you and surprisingly tasty! Makes 1 to 2 servings.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of fresh, frozen or canned pineapple
- 1 cup of coconut water or orange juice
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
Put all ingredients in your blender and blend until smooth. Delicious!
No measuring required!
Sometimes we just want to throw something together without measuring! Smoothie’s are great for this. Just use what you have on hand and you can still make a delicious and nutritious breakfast, lunch or dinner. Below is something to just use as a guideline, feel free to substitute what you have on hand. A good rule of thumb for smoothie success is to limit your choices to 5 ingredients or less. Sometimes, less is more! This will make one to two servings.
- Add liquid to your blender first, about 1-2 cups of liquid (orange juice, coconut water, milk etc)
- 1 banana
- handful of berries (blueberry, strawberry etc)
- scoop of yogurt or tofu or even ice-cream!
- handful of walnuts (good protein and soft enough to blend well)
- handful or two of frozen fruit or any other fresh fruit like kiwi, pineapple, mango
Blend it up!
Also consider adding a sprinkle of spice, ground ginger or cinnamon are great.