No measuring required!
Sometimes we just want to throw something together without measuring! Smoothie’s are great for this. Just use what you have on hand and you can still make a delicious and nutritious breakfast, lunch or dinner. Below is something to just use as a guideline, feel free to substitute what you have on hand. A good rule of thumb for smoothie success is to limit your choices to 5 ingredients or less. Sometimes, less is more! This will make one to two servings.
- Add liquid to your blender first, about 1-2 cups of liquid (orange juice, coconut water, milk etc)
- 1 banana
- handful of berries (blueberry, strawberry etc)
- scoop of yogurt or tofu or even ice-cream!
- handful of walnuts (good protein and soft enough to blend well)
- handful or two of frozen fruit or any other fresh fruit like kiwi, pineapple, mango
Blend it up!
Also consider adding a sprinkle of spice, ground ginger or cinnamon are great.